Clubs Available in San Juan County
The 4-H year begins on October 1st of each year and is completed on September 30th. Most clubs have their first meeting in October, but members can join anytime throughout the year. There are projects for any child from age 5-19 (K through 12th grade). Each island in San Juan County has a variety of clubs that are available to join. If you find a project that you are interested in or would like to contact the leader and learn more about joinging 4-H please contact Cindy Gauthier, the 4-H Program Coordinator, at 370-7662. Once you decide to join, you will be asked to fill out an enrollment form and to pay a $15.00 enrollment fee.
Not a club available with the project you had in mind? 4-H can be anything you want it to be, so if you would like to do a project that is not currently being offered by 4-H, Cindy can help you explore the possibility of starting it through 4-H.
- Trail Blazers - Horse
- Fur & Feathers - This is a multi-project club, which includes Rabbit, Poultry, Cavy, Gardening, Photography, Crafts, Foods, and more!
- Ramblers Livestock - Sheep, Goat, Dairy, Beef, and Swine
- Country Critters - Rabbit, Poultry and Cavy
- Bits & Spurs - Horse
- Baking Bandits - Baking and Foods
- Sirius Dippers- This is a multi-project club, which includes mainly astronomy, science, creative arts, visual arts, cats, pocket pets and more!
- K9 Kids - Dogs
- Lopez Livestock - Beef, Dairy, Swine, Sheep and Goats
- Flashers - Photography
- Horse Rangers - Horse
- Clucks and Quacks - Poultry
- Lopez Foods- Cooking and Baking
- Cage-E-Kids - Rabbit, Poultry and Cavy
- Pioneer Crafts- Visual and creative art projects
- Rocketry projects
- Wood craft projects
- Birding and nature science projects
- Baking and table decorating projects
All Island Participation
- Teen Leadership Events and Activities
- 4-H Portable Challenge Activities through the San Juan Is. Prevention Coalition